Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Dom makes the first cut

Dom made it through the first round of the regional spelling bee, which was a written test. He goes to the oral competition this weekend. I am not sure whether the winner Saturday goes to DC or on to some other regional bee, but I think this is for the DC competition.

I rented "Spellbound", a documentary recounting the 1999 Bee won by Nupur Lala. Dom and I agree that he shouldn't spazz like the kids in the movie and spend every waking hour studying. He looks at the words in the car on the trip up and back from school. It would be neat if he made it to DC, and if he got that far, past the elimination rounds to get onto the ESPN rounds.

I am typing this to distract myself from the implosion (21-3!) to begin the second half that has changed the character of the SJU-Nova game. 21-3 is not a good score for SJU/Eagles' fans (another Roynell Young/SB XV flashback!). Stachaitas just nailed a 3, so here's hoping the tide will turn back SJU's way...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home