Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Follow-up Bianchi column...

I see where the Orlando Sentinel seems to have already taken down Mike Bianchi's embarrassing Feb. 6 column in the aftermath of Super Bowl XL. They have other Bianchi stories in his archive, but have removed that one.

I don't read his stories often, and I want to believe that some of Bianchi's musings are just tongue-in-cheek (such as the "Not picking Steelers is un-American" story from Feb. 5), but I am not sure, because I know the way people respond, and turning sports coverage into a sort of political rally with jingoistic overtones is simply reckless, tongue-in-cheek or not. Last time I checked, Seattle was part of the United States, too. At least Bianchi stopped short of saying the Seahawks were Al Qaeda's team.

Maybe Paulie's well-written and pointed email to the Sentinel made an impact...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home