Thursday, April 06, 2006

NBC should have given me a call...





Any of these, or Meredith Vieira?

What is NBC doing? The network has hot fillies such as Campbell Brown and Natalie Morales already in the stable, not to mention the scorching Sharon Tay, who hosted the morning news program on local KTLA before moving to MSNBC. Or how about giving our favorite Amy Robach a chance? Instead, for the new hostess of Today, they pull in Meredith Vieira, the pride of Tufts, who resonates with the middle and upper middle-aged preppies in the Northeast, but will play as well in the Sun Belt and Far West as a winter chill.

I admit that I have checked out Meredith a few times, but at this age, I need a little more pizzazz than the Tufts Tornado to tune in on a semi-regular basis.

I was hoping to have a reason to watch the show again after disavowing Katie C. years ago, and having trouble stomaching Matt Lauer for more than a few minutes at a time. More Al Roker, Ann Curry, and a new babe such as Campbell B. or Natalie Morales to marginalize Lauer, and I might have started to tune in again. But I don't think Meredith V. brings me back into the Today fold...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home