Tuesday, January 03, 2006

15 milliseconds of fame

I made the list of contributors to the Wall Street Journal's (OpinionJournal) "Best of the Web". Follow the link in the title of this post and scroll down past the entry that is named "Homer Doesn't Exactly Nod, but..." The next one is an AP headline about the Florida Gators' win over the Iowa Hawkeyes in the Gator Bowl.

Knowing as I do Taranto's affinity for the easy pun, and the hook with the NSA leaks that gives the headline a political angle, I figured - correctly - that he would post this on Best of the Web. I had actually suggested "If I were a University of Iowa fan or player, I would suspect that the New York Times was behind this" for the punch line, but his works well, and he still gave me the credit for calling this to his attention.

I'm famous! Actually, this is the second time that I have been listed as a contributor, but I can't recall off the top of my head what the earlier one was about.

PS: Nice to see PSU get a first down - and flash some team speed! Not a JoPa trademark over the years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home