Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas to all

I hope that all of you have a wonderful Christmas. We will be at home in Cortland, where the snow is still on the ground, but the temperature in the 40's is threatening to turn Christmas green.

Luca assures me that he will be getting his two most wished-for presents (Spider Man Mega-Morph and Gotham City Transforming Playset) because he has been "super good". I am not sure Angela shares that assessment, but Santa can believe anything, so I think the little guy won't be disappointed.

Gabey is just at the edge of comprehension: he gets that Santa brings toys, but he thinks he should just wait and see what the Big Guy has for him. Not that he doesn't mention certain toys (that Gotham City thing seems to be the winner with him, too), but I don't think he feels that it's appropriate to ask. He has very good manners!

Dom and Emmy are of course into the teenage years, so Christmas is a little different for them. Emmy has been taking sewing lessons and has sewn gifts for me and Angela (she made Angela an embroidered apron). She only tells me that "you better wear what I made you". I ask her what it is that she could possible have made that I wouldn't wear: adult diapers? a bib? a turban? She rolls her eyes heavenward, tells me I'm weird, and reiterates that I had better wear it. Dom is pretty low key, as he is about most things. Angela is great at making the season special for all of us, from decorating to baking to making great meals - tonight is the seafood feast.

Here's hoping that all of the kids are as happy tomorrow as they are excited today - and that all the right teams win!

PS: As I was composing this on the laptop, Luca was playing a video game and Gabe was seated next to me, watching the action on the TV screen. He just turned to me and said "I love you daddy". A very good Christmas indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home