Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Where's Waldo?

I came here looking for Mark's rookie post - where did it go? Same place the Astros' pennant clinching win went tonight, I guess. What a game, what a comeback. The kind of win that can change a series, I think.

Bruce's generous comments about the Chisox are spot on. What a fun team to watch. The calls went the way of the Pale Hose, but the Angels did nothing to offer even the barest hint that they were a more worthy representative of the AL in the Fall Classic. Is AJ Pierzynski working off a deal with the devil or something? How does he get himself in the middle of so much controversy - and not just by being a jerk.

I am pressing on in the campaign - did the door-to-door stuff after work today for an hour in my opponent's neighborhood. If this were a referendum on our performance, I would be sitting at home, relaxing. Instead, I am running against a school teacher, and darn near every teacher in this ward has a sign of his up. Friends of mine witnessed one of my signs being stolen yesterday (talk about Dumb-o-crat - this guy steals the sign in the middle of the afternoon on a Sunday, and this was witnessed by three people). I drove around for a while, hoping to catch the guy trying to swipe another sign, but I guess he got scared off by the yelling of my friend's. I just love the political process....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home