Thursday, October 06, 2005

Posting

Gentlemen (and Dan):

I am guessing that you are auto-referencing your posts by filling in the "Link" field with some sort of self-referential link. Or else the site is doing it to you (although, somehow, not to me).

Clicking on the little "?" next to the Link box gives you an explanation of how to use it. Scroll down to the "Post Links" explanation. For example, in my last post, I copied the permalink from the WSJ web site and pasted it into the Link Field. I took the title of Fund's entry and put that above the link in the "Title" box. Voila! The title is now a link to the source material.

I think I am going to play it straight tonight. I am very tired, the result of way too much late-night budget reviewing and campaign preparation. I have to stop preparing, though, and start campaigning, which in these parts means knocking on doors. It's actually fun to do, the only drawback being the time it takes - time away from the wife and kids, time that is not easy to come by in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home