Sunday, September 11, 2005

VDRL Race Update/NFL Recap

As of Sunday night, it is 70/69/69/66 (I'm one of the second place guys).

Bruce: Your thoughts on Week 1 so far? Here are some of the outcomes that caught my eye:

Dolphins 34-10 winners over the Broncos - are the Dolphins really any good, or the Broncos that bad?

Carolina losing at home to the Saints? I thought Carolina was everyone's (me included) darling pick to get back to the NFC title game. Were the Saints running on emotion, hoping to lift the spirits of the displaced and distraught fans? If Carolina couldn't deal with that, are they really title game material?

Chiefs laying a whooping on the Jets - are the Jets not as good as I thought they might be?

And the Browns taking a beating at home to the Bengals?

I know that in retrospect, much of what happens in Week One of an NFL season is seen to be an aberration, but what has happened that might be the foretaste of a genuine trend? Who do you suspect are the flukes?

And let's do some prognosticating: Eagles 26 Falcons 14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home