Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Blondes rule the world?

Yesterday I ran into some insufferable USC honk. He was mouthing off, as most of those sorts do, about the Trojans, and then had the audacity to chide me when I told him I was a big fan of service academy football, especially after after watching Army and Navy last year.

"We'd kick their asses so bad," the SC honk said.

"In football, probably so," I said. "But let's see how SC fares in Army's game. I'll take West Point in a snap. Remember, all it would take is one of those Army Apache helicopters to wipe out your campus. You're not as tough as you think, and you're sure not going to overrun West Point with your football team.

"Don't talk s_it about Army. Ever."

The SC honk was properly humbled, but had one last arrow in his satchel. "Yeah, but I'll take our cheerleaders."

Even I wasn't about to debate. "Okay, I'll give you that one," I said.

I guess blue-eyed blondes really do rule the world...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home