Sunday, January 07, 2007

Half time thoughts

Giants blew a huge opportunity to put points on the board in the first quarter. Eagles were better in the second, obviously, but I am still disappointed with the weak pass rush. Not that Eli has shown much ability to make reads and deliver the ball, even with the benefit of time to do so, but I wouldn't want to continue doing this in the second half. Tiki is good, but we have to do better at stopping him, period. If we take him away, then relying on Eli gives us a huge advantage.

Offense seems not so much to have jelled as to have found a few things that might work. BW on the edge - wide pitchouts, please - would be nice. Garcia hasn't impressed, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt in terms of getting past the playoff jitters and warming to the task as the 2nd quarter rolled on. But I don't sense a clear idea of what they are trying to do offensively. I get the feeling that they are making it up as they go, and will hope to open up a 2-score lead before going to a clock-eating approach.

I would take 2 more replays of the 2nd quarter - I had predicted a 34-14 Eagles win in an e-mail this morning, and would love to see that come to fruition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home