Sunday, January 15, 2006

Wrap up

I should have stuck with the Panthers - guess I shouldn't allow myself to be influenced by old grade school classmates who now live in Chicago. I didn't get to watch much of the game, as Dom and Emmy had a class outing to a ski resort for a private tubing party and Angela and I were chaperones. It was 62F here Friday afternoon, but we lost about 50 of those degrees by this evening. I would slip back into the lodge to warm up and check on the game, which was a heck of a lot higher scoring than I anticipated. John Fox is very underrated as a coach. He has his team ready to play in the post-season, as Eagles' fans well know.

I did get to watch the early game, which was one of the more bizarre affairs I have seen. The Colts were overmatched at home - they hardly seemed like a team that threatened to go undefeated. To their credit, they made an admirable comeback. I think that Thor and Odin, or whatever the football gods are named, were having a battle, with Thor forcing the late fumble, Odin forcing the Indy guy to cut back (why did he do that!), Thor preventing the Steelers DB from coming up with the late pick, and Odin getting the last laugh, pushing VanderJagt's half-assed FG attempt so wide right that even Scott Norwood felt vindicated. Now what was that that VanderJagt was saying about Peyton not winning the big one?

I was stunned by the turn of events in the last minute of the game, and even though I was pulling for the Colts, the Steelers certainly deserved the victory, and they were the recipients of some bad luck and bad calls - still can't figure out the non-interception call. Now Brucie's Bronks host the title tilt, so some good comes of it. Good luck next week, Bruce. It's been a long journey from Week 1's Miami debacle to the conference championship, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home