Monday, January 30, 2006

TGS citation - I'm famous!

Thanks, Bruce! That was a treat, seeing my name in The Gold Sheet when I got home today, rifled through the mail, and tossed the boring stuff off to the side. I was wondering how Bruce would pull it off - dividing it over two weeks, using this down weekend for the NFL to spice things up. Good move, Brucie.

I was reading after having grabbed a bag of chips - no lunch today, so I was looking for a little snack before dinner. Gabe followed close behind, and had his little arm down deep into the bag (these were Baked Lay's, so he didn't get greasy, thank goodness). He would pull out a handful of chips, stuff them into his mouth, and let the overflow fall onto the rug. Time to vacuum the carpet!

By the way, I spent about 8 hours yesterday getting a Windows computer onto the home network. It took me about 10 minutes to get the Macintosh on line. This is typical of my experience with the two platforms. Then, having gotten it on line, I couldn't get the site that Luca wanted to play on (Toon Town) to work properly. It took me swapping out the monitor, playing with all sorts of settings, etc. to get it to work. And to get it on the network, I had to turn off encryption, which opens me up to all sorts of viruses and lack of security. Oh boy! I am going to try to re-encrypt the network tonight and see if I can restore some level of security.

I have also fallen down on posting Dom's comics - there are plenty in the pipeline, and I will get them up later.

UPDATE: I had to break for dinner and wasn't able to include this Dom & Emmy story from after school today. They got great grades on a bunch of mid-terms that they had taken last week, and were asking Angela what they would get by way of reward for their performance. Angela offered them our undying love and devotion. Dom said he was thinking more along the line of money - cash, no checks. Having been tipped off to this conversation by Angela, when I got home and they asked me what they would get, I answered "our undying love and devotion". "No fair! That's what Mommy said!" "Okay, I'll pay your tuition for the next semester". They weren't too thrilled with our initial offers, but I am sure we will reward them appropriately... eventually!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home