Saturday, December 10, 2005

Back to '75 (and '76)

Bruce - Looking at the team stats for Dave Green, it appears that he was the Bengals' punter for a couple of years, then both the punter and PK in 1975. He then went to Tampa Bay for the Bucs' inaugural season, where he also did double duty.

Who can forget TB PK Neil O'Donoghue chasing after a botched snap and attempting to kick the moving ball as it rolled along the ground? But my memory is playing tricks on me as well: I thought O'Donoghue was the kicker in 1976, but this site gives Green as punter and PK, with Steve Spurrier (!) having booted 7 punts. Mirro Roder - another guy about whom I remember nothing - is listed as the backup placekicker. Neil O didn't arrive in TB until '78 - I am remembering him as the guy who chased down the fumbled ball and tried to kick it, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home