Monday, November 07, 2005

Samtsirhc Eve

I don't know how to pronounce it either, but the night before an election is the polar opposite of being a kid on Christmas Eve: all the happy excitement of what is sure to be a wonderful morning is turned inside out. I have had people call me names, accuse me of things I haven't done, and seek to destroy my reputation.

Now, this might sound immodest, but I make this statement based on a rational analysis of the situation: there is only one legislator more effective than me on the current legislature, and that's the Chairman. I approach this as public service, but the Democrats approach this as blood sport. They would rather that they beat me, because I am not one of them, and replace me with anyone who is one of them, including one who is nearly certain to be a whole helluva lot less effective than me. I look at the legislature and assess its members as "effective" and "ineffective", and hope that the good ones get reelected and the others go away. Regardless of party.

Oh well. It is one of those life experiences that I wanted to have, and I have had it. Three campaigns - and now it may be time to punt on politics, regardless of tomorrow's outcome. I promised Angela that I would spend the same time and energy that I have on politics on something that makes money. At least at the end of the day, I will have more for my family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home