Sunday, January 22, 2006

Title Tilts

Sorry, Brucie, I picked the wrong road team to win by 17. I was quietly pulling for the Broncos - quietly, because the Broncos are hated by Angela for what they did to the Browns in the '80's. Explaining this dynamic to Emmy, she responded: "Mom, you're such an Italian woman - you hold grudges!" I explained to Emmy that while I was no Broncos' fan, I was hoping for Bruce's sake that they would win. Angela then said: "Well, tell Bruce I feel a little bit bad that his team lost, but not really". So there you have it from the Doc Paul household on the AFC Championship Game.

I thought that Carolina would be the team that came out and played under control, and that the Seahawks would be over-pumped and having to deal with a woozy running back. Less than a quarter into it, Goings' bell has been rung and Seattle is dictating the pace of the game.

Good thing I am a fan and not a bettor! I'll stick to stocks for financial risk-taking (last week from my retirement portfolio I sold 1/3 of my Apple stock @ 86 and another 1/3 @ 82, and I still have 1/3 - my entry price, split-adjusted, was in the low teens. Of course, I should have sold what I held in my personal portfolio, but didn't- d'oh!).

Carolina needs a TD before the half to get back into this game. Here's hoping - not that I am pulling for one side or the other, just that I want to see a great finish. Darn - Steve Smith's punt return was just called back. Back to the game....

WOW! They picked up the flag - I thought it was a weak call, but I don't think I have ever seen that happen. Maybe I will get my hoped-for great game after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home