Saturday, January 21, 2006

Sister Mary Elephant

I sent this to my grade school best buddy, Andy Arriviello. I thought you might find it amusing...


Andy:

I think you'll get a kick out of this. I picked up Dom last night after ski club ended, and on the way home was asking him about his day at school. As we talked, I was reminded of the skit "Sister Mary Elephant" from Cheech and Chong. When we got home, I downloaded it from the iTunes Music Store, and we have been playing it over and over, just like you and I used to replay the vinyl album ("Big Bambu" - but that's cheating, because I didn't remember the album name until I looked it up).

Luca laughs uncontrollably when he hears it and has this bad habit of imitating the "Shut up!" scream at full volume. Angela looks at us and wonders what the heck is so funny. Maybe it's a guy thing. Or a Catholic school thing. Or the combination of the two.

One other Cheech and Chong memory: I remember I had a birthday party at my house and we had one of their albums playing. My Uncle Al was hanging out behind the bar, taking it all in. I don't remember the specific skit, but the eff word was about to be uttered, and you alertly got up and turned off the record. Ah, memories!


Funny, but my kids only know of Cheech Marin as the kinda-sorta uncle to the "Spy Kids". Tommy Chong is not on their pop culture radar at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home