Sunday, January 22, 2006

Maybe I did get something right, after all...

As I grasp for straws at this lost football weekend, at least I can harken back to the cover story for last week's TGS, when I reminded readers that the conference title games are often lacking in drama, and indeed have become more of a haven for one-sided games than Super Bowls.

Today's romps mark the 4th straight season that both the AFC and NFC title games have been decided by double-digit margins. Also, as the story mentioned, road teams have been succeeding, sometimes by hefty margins, in conference title games, and Pittsburgh did it again today, marking the 9th straight season at least one road team has won in the conference championship tilts.

Now, if I just would have stopped there, and forgot about picking the games this weekend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home