Friday, January 27, 2006

A Hawks' History

Jack McKinney has authored a book on the history of St. Joe's hoops. His son, John, was a classmate of mine until Jack left for Portland. I remember seeing him again during the 1977 Finals when the Trail Blazers took the Selfish Sixers in 6 (ahead 2-0 in the Finals, some players were griping about playing time and shooting opportunities).

He and I were friends, but for some reason we seemed to get into a fistfight about once a year. I don't remember what any of them were about, but I guess that's what little boys did back then (now you'd be facing a lawsuit). I also remember that he was very fair-skinned and had some sort of skin condition that made his skin really itchy, and he had to wear mittens to bed to prevent himself from scratching his skin open. Okay, too much information! I'll stop now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home