Sunday, March 19, 2006

Hawks in NIT

Don't forget there's another hoops tourney going on, though admittedly not as good. My Dad, Mark, and I were in attendance at the Fieldhouse for last Thursday's Hawks drubbing of Rutgers 71 -62. The Hawks led by as many as 17 in the first half and were never threatened.

In addition to the big win, I enjoyed two other treats. As I was walking to the concession stand at halftime, there were two Rutgers fans grumbling in front of me. One said to the other, " I don't know how they can recruit with a gym like this." I thought to myself, boys you don't know Philly and you don't know the Big 5. Later while in line, I met former Birds special teamer extraordinaire Vince Papale. What a great guy. Look for his movie to come out soon.

Up next for the Hawks is Hoefstra tomorrow night at the Fieldhouse. I got a feelin were goin "final four" again for the second straight year. If so, let's plan to rendezvous at the Garden. Go Hawks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home